Jaylon Ferguson has had his 2019 NFL combine invitation rescinded.
The Louisiana Tech product’s background check revealed he was convicted of simple battery after a fight at a McDonalds during his freshman year of college, according to an NFL.com report.
From me and @TomPelissero: #LaTech pass-rusher Jaylon Ferguson, the NCAA’s all-time sack leader, had his Combine invite rescinded. It stems from a fight at @McDonalds. Our story: https://t.co/mOwXwBryRj
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) February 13, 2019
The NFL told teams last month a player would be barred from attending the combine “if a background check reveals a conviction of a felony or misdemeanor involving violence,” according to the report.
Ferguson recorded an NCAA-record 45 sacks in his four seasons at Louisiana Tech and could be a first-round pick.
Although the case was not made public, NFL teams were aware of the incident, the report says.
Ferguson may not be attending the combine, but he has reportedly begun the process of scheduling visits with teams.